How to install an APK file on an Android device:
- Enable ‘Unknown Sources’ in ‘Settings‘ > ‘Security‘ to allow third-party app installations.
- NOTE: you can skip the following steps if your device already allows apps from uknown sources, you don’t have to transfer it from your PC — you can download straight to the device
- Download the APK file to your PC.
- Connect your Android device to the PC via USB and select ‘Media device’ mode.
- Copy the APK file to a folder on your Android device, either internal or external storage.
- Use a file manager app (like ‘My Files’ or ‘File Browser’) on your Android to locate the APK file.
- If you don’t have a file manager, download one from the Play Store, e.g., ES File Explorer.
- Tap the APK file on your Android device to install.
- Confirm the installation and tap ‘Done’ when finished.