Browser cache is a locally stored copy of what’s online that your web browser can access instead of the live content to speed up the page-load. However, while your website is being put together by the Montana Banana development team, it may be necessary to clear your browser cache to see the latest updates to your design, images or other potentially cached items. The following instructions will help ensure the page you have previously visited has been updated in your web browser.
You can force refresh the page with the key combination Shift + Ctrl + F5, or clear your browser cache by following these steps:
- Click on the “Hamburger Menu” in the top right corner
- Select Settings from the drop down menu
- Select History from the menu on the left
- Click the Clear browsing data… button
- Check the box next to Empty the cache
- Click the Clear browsing data button at the bottom
- Click on the orange Firefox button in the top left corner
- Mouse over Options and click on Options in the submenu
- Click on Advanced
- Click on the Network tab
- Click on the Clear Now button within the Cached Web Content section
- From your menu bar, click on Safari and select Preferences
- Select the Privacy tab
- Click on the Remove All Website Data… button then click Remove Now
There are two main pathways:
Option 1. Key Commands
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Del.
- When a new window opens, select temporary services and files.
- When asked to confirm, click delete.
Option 2. Menu
- Click on the hub symbol in the main menu.
- Scroll to history.
- Click on delete the whole history.
- Select the option: temporary services and files.
- Confirm by clicking on the delete button.
- Click on the gear wheel in the top right corner
- Click on Safety in the menu
- Click on Delete browsing history in the submenu
- Select Temporary Internet files and website files from the list
- Click on Delete
- A message at the top of the page verifies that your browser cache has been cleared
Note that as new web browsers and browser versions are released or if you’re using an older version, the specific steps listed above may be different. For step-by-step instructions for other web browsers or versions, refer to the article linked below.